Volume 15, Issue 27
March 26th 2015
The photograph above shows some chick baskets made by Junior Infants.
School will close at 12 noon tomorrow Friday 27th March & will re-open on Monday 13th April- Easter Holidays.
All visitors to the school must report to Reception. Visitors need to make an appointment to see the Principal.
Names & Money now being taken for after school basketball clubs. Easter to summer term. Cost €18 per child. Names and money to office. This will run until the summer holidays.
Reminder: School milk can be ordered before 12 noon tomorrow Friday. Cost €17 per child. Names and money to office.
The second round is on in St Paul’s N.S. in Dooradoyle this morning. Clodagh Hannan is representing LSP. We wish her all the best.
We would like to remind parents of the procedures for making a complaint in the Limerick School Project. Below is an excerpt from the Parents Booklet we give all parents when their child joins the Limerick School Project for the first time.
Complaints Procedure: If you have a query or concern regarding a school matter relating to your child, this is the procedure to follow:
1) Always go to the class teacher first. In most cases, concerns can be resolved at that level. The teacher will inform the principal of any serious complaints.
2) If, at that stage, you feel that the issue has not been resolved, you are welcome to make an appointment with the Principal to discuss the matter.
3) If you still feel unhappy with the outcome, you can then bring your concerns to the Board of Management of the school. In order to do this, the concerns must be put in writing to the Chairperson of the BOM.
Everyone in 4th class would like to wish Alex Breathnach the very best as he goes on stage in the Lime Tree Theatre as ‘Gavroche’ from Les Miserables with the ‘MIDAS’ Company. As they say in acting ‘break a leg’.
Design a hat parade will take place at 10.30am tomorrow. We’re hoping every pupil will join in (and parents are welcome too!).
Reminder: please return your POD forms if you have forgotten to do so already. Any parent who refuses to fill in the form must put this in writing to the principal, stating the reasons why this is so and the letter must be signed and dated.
‘Magic of the Musical’s dvds can still be ordered. Please give your name and €15 to Louise. DVDs will arrive after Easter break.
Minutes for the February Board of Management meeting can be found here
Parent Teacher Association News
- Calling all Gardeners!
This years Plant and Cake Sale takes place on Friday May 15th. Planting has now begun in all the classes. We are looking for donations from home. If you are starting some planting and seed sowing over the Easter break why not consider growing a few extra for the school fundraiser on May 15th. Vegetables, flowers, herbs, etc.
All donations/contributions greatly appreciated.
- The Great Limerick Run UL Kids Run takes place on Saturday May 2nd at University of Limerick. Trainers from LIT are now visiting the school and working with the children. Their first session began this week and was a great success. There will be several more training sessions after the Easter holidays. The registration fee is €12. €5 of the fee goes to the participant’s primary school – so don’t forget to put LSP’s name on the form! A donation will also go to Special Olympics Ireland, and all participants will receive a race T-shirt and medal.
If you would like to register your child/children in the Kids Run go to www.greatlimerickrun.com
- A Second Level School Meeting was held on Thursday March 19 A working group/committee was set up to devise a strategy to establish an Educate Together second level school in limerick. Updates to follow. If anyone is interested in getting involved or would like further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
25th Anniversary Concert
- Production costs:
- Star Systems €1,500
- Musicians €0,860
- Lime Tree €2,400
- DVDs & recording €1,400
- Lime Tree €6,764.60
(353 attended 1st night,
409 on 2nd night)
- DVDs €2,069.00
- Parent Teacher €2,000.00
(Raffle & Programmes)
- School Council
(Valentine Fair) €00,450.00
Total Income €11,283.60
This will go towards the 25th Anniversary Book