Friday 6th February, 8.30 – 9.30am, Outside LSP Staffroom.
The next LSP Parent Teacher Association Coffee Morning takes place on Friday the 6th February at 8.30am outside LSP staffroom. Coffee mornings are open to the whole school community. It is a great opportunity to chat with other parents, and to start your day with a nice cup of coffee or tea. This is free event and all are welcome.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION – MONTHLY UPDATES JANUARY
The PTA would like to welcome everyone back to a new term at LSP. The committee had its first meeting of the year this week and at that meeting the figures for the Winter Fair were finalised. We are excited to announce that the amount of money raised by the fair was €3,700. This demonstrates both how successful the fair was, and the level of commitment and engagement by the school community with the fair. The money will be used to fund extracurricular activities and events for the school community over the rest of the year. With that in mind we would like to outlay some of the events that we will be organising over the coming months:
- The PTA has arranged Tai Chi classes for all the children at LSP . A Tai Chi instructor will attend the school and classes will commence the end of February, and run for 8 weeks. More information on this event will be posted in February.
- The PTA will contribute €1000 from moneys raised towards classroom resourses.
- As part of the 25th year celebrations, the PTA will be organising a “Yard Party” for the children. This will take place in June (date to be confirmed) and will be run during regular school time. More information on this event will be posted nearer the date.
- The school is organising “the Magic of the Musicals” concert where all classes will perform on stage at the Limetree Theatre – Tickets for the event can be bought from the Limetree website. The PTA’s contribution will be organising the programme for the event and also running a raffle on both nights.
- The Plant and Cake Spring Fair will be held in mid-May (date to be confirmed.)
- Two further coffee mornings will be held between now and the end of the school year. The next one takes place on the 6th of February from 8.30am outside the staff room. Coffee mornings are open to the whole school community and we would encourage people to come along. It is a great opportunity to chat with other parents, chat to the committee and also have a nice cup of coffee/tea.
- The PTA has commenced a project looking at the school yard and the possible ways of making it a more engaging space for the children. With that in mind, workshops will be run with the children to get some insight into how they view the yard and their ideas as to how the yard could be enhanced as an activity space.
- The PTA committee will hold an open meeting for parents / guardians at its next committee meeting on the 9th February in the staff room of the LSP. This is an opportunity for parents/guardians to bring an idea for an event, to raise/bring an issue they are concerned about, ask a question, or simply get to know the committee. The time of this meeting will be announced nearer the date.
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION – MONTHLY UPDATE – NOVEMBER
- The Winter fair is in its final week of preparation and will kick off on Sunday December 7th at 1pm. Volunteers are still being sought to help out on the day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Committee has now completed a working draft of a constitution for the Parent Teacher Association. This will be used as a reference for the workings of the committee. It will be brought to the AGM for ratification
- There is ongoing disscussion regarding the events which will take place in the New Year. Presently the Committee is working at having Tai Chi classes for all the classes in the spring which will run over a couple of weeks.
- Planning is ongoing for a “Yard Party” to mark the 25th celebrations at LSP for the pupils, to be held towards the end of the school year.
- The Parent Teacher Association and the Board of Management held a joint meeting where discussions were held on various topics and issues. Key was the way both committees could enhance their working partnership.
- A coffee morning was held on the 14th of November for all parents/guardians, whilst attendance was small, there was good discussion and chat amongst those present. The next coffee morning will be announced in the new year
- The Committee is also working on a “school yard” project …more to be revealed in the new year.
If you have ideas for events, discussions, talks etc send them into the committee at email@example.com
The LSP Winter Fair kicks off this Sunday the 7th of Dec, at 1pm.
Why not come and eat in the Winter Fair Restaurant
- We will be serving a choice of delicious hot main courses, soup, hotdogs, cakes, desserts, tea/coffee and winter fair punch.
- Take time to visit the Craft stalls, the Book stall, the Wrap a Present Room, the Lucky Dip, get your face painted and sit and have a meal and a cuppa with family and friends in the Winter Fair restaurant.
- Guess how many sweets are in the jar and what the christmas cake weighs and you could win them both.
- Buy a raffle ticket, there are prizes galore!
- Hope you and your family can make it.
All funds raised go towards extracurricular activities for all the children at Limerick School Project.
Can you bake?
The Winter Fair Restaurant needs donations of Cakes, Tarts, Buns, Desserts and Breads.
We also need Salads to supplement the main courses which will be on offer in the restaurant.
Have you a family favourite you would like to bring in?
Please bring in all cooked goods on the day of the fair.
The restaurant opens at 1pm so if you could bring them in before 1pm that would be great.
The Winter Fair takes place on Sunday the 7th December from 1pm.
We will be serving Hot lunch, Soup, Hotdogs, Selection of Cakes and Desserts, Tea/Coffee and Winter Fair Punch
All donations are greatly appreciated.
If you have any queries please cpntact: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER ARE NEEDED. CAN YOU HELP?
We need people to:
- Help Set up the Fair (from 10pm-1pm)
- Work the Stalls and the Winter Fair Restaurant (1 to 4.30pm),
- Take the Fair down (4.30 to 5.30).
Could You Lend Any of the Following? We Need:
- 6 Large Saucepans (8/10 – 14 litre)
- 3 Filter coffee machines
- 3 Portable Hotplates
We need these items before the fair. If you can lend any of these please email: email@example.com.
Can You Donate?:
- Bric a Brac In good Condition – Trinkets, Ornaments, Small Toys, Candles, Unwanted Gifts etc
- Homemade Crafts, Jams, Chutneys
- Cakes, Buns, Tarts, Desserts, Scones, Breads, Salads – for the Winter Fair Restaurant.
All funds raised go towards extra-curricular activities for all the children at LSP.
If you think you could help, even for just one hour, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information go to: http://www.limerickschoolproject.ie/winter-fair-sunday-dec-7th-1pm/
YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
The Parent Teacher Association will be running a Coffee Morning this Friday 14th of Nov.
Outside the LSP staffroom
8.30am – 9.30am
All Parents / Guardians are invited.
Even if you only have 10mins drop by for a cuppa and a chat.
On the 15th of November this year the National Parents Council will be hosting a conference for all parents who want to know more about special education, entitled:
Brighter Futures – Supporting you, supporting your child
We will have experts in the areas of special education, speech and language, occupational therapy and psychological services.
The conference take place in the Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 (near Heuston Station) and will run from 11am to 4pm, with sandwiches tea & coffee provided. We ask those who have registered to attend to arrive from 10.30am to collect name badges, enjoy a tea/coffee, peruse the information stands and meet other parents.
Information stands from the following will be available on the day:
- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA) – Junior Cycle
- National Council for Special Education (NCSE)
- Special Needs Parents Association
- Dyslexia Association Ireland
- Down Syndrome Ireland
- National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI)
- Citizens Information
- Parents, Resources, Information and Support, Meeting needs (PRISM)
- Autism Spectrum Information Advice and Meeting Point (AS I AM)
- Enable Ireland
To Register to attend click here
Special Education Conference Flier
ADMISSION IS FREE, but all those attending must register in advance as places are limited.