Parent Teacher Association
Monthly Updates – March /April
- Tai Chi – Tai chi classes continued on Thursdays throughout March and April with Tai Chi Instructor John Sheehan. Overall this has been a great success with positive feedback from both the children and the teachers. Classes are due to end on April 30th.
- The Playground – Workshops where held with all the classes on March the 2nd and 5th. Children were asked to imagine how they would like to see the schoolyard improved and enhanced. What is important to them when it comes to yard time? There was a great response from all the children.
- Second Level School. Meetings regarding setting up a group to campaign for an Educate Together Secondary School were held on the 19th of March and 17th of April. A working group has been formed. A website has been designed and can be found at http://let2ndlevel.com/ Please visit and share to let others know about it. Particularly can you fill in the Expression of Interest form if you would be interested in sending your child to an Educate Together secondary school. There is now also a Facebook Page which people are asked to LIKE and SHARE. https://www.facebook.com/let2ndlevel/timeline . Fundraising events will be taking place to provide funds to support this effort. Both the website and the Facebook page will be used to inform people of updates to the campaign.
- Great Limerick Run Kids Run – The Parent Teacher Association arranged for Trainers to visit the school and work with all the children in preparation for the Kids Run, May 2nd at UL sports arena. If you would like to register for the Kids Run go to greatlimerickrun.com
- Parental Involvement Policy – The Parent Teacher Association Committee reviewed LSP’s Parent Involvement Policy at the request of the Board of Management.
- Proceeds from the Magic of the Musicals – The raffle and programme sales from the school production Magic of the Musicals resulted in a profit of €2,000. This will be put towards the costs of putting on the show.
- Classroom Resources – €1000 was contributed towards classroom resources throughout LSP.
1. Poetry Day Ireland – Thursday, 7th May. The poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice will visit the school on May 7th for Poetry Day Ireland.
- LSP Spring Plant and Cake Sale – Friday, May 15th from 8.30am. All the classes have been planting for this year’s Plant and Cake sale. Come along and buy your child’s plant. There will also be cakes on sale, tea and coffee, and a raffle. All funds raised go towards extra curricular activities for the children. We need volunteers to help out on the day. From 8.15am onwards. If you can help please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Magic to visit LSP – Thursday, May 21st. Animal Magic is a rehabilitation/rescue centre for orphaned and abandoned animals. They visit schools and bring along a selection of highly trained animals and birds and provide a unique learning opportunity for the students. Animal Magic will visit LSP on Thursday May 21st. You can check them out on animalmagic.ie
- 25th Year Celebratory Yard Party – Friday 19th June, 11am to 1pm. To mark the schools 25th year the Parent Teacher Association are organising a Yard Party for all the children. There will be entertainers, games, food and a few surprises.
If anyone has an idea for an event, a talk, an activity or would simply like to get in touch, you can email email@example.com