PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION – MONTHLY UPDATES JANUARY
The PTA would like to welcome everyone back to a new term at LSP. The committee had its first meeting of the year this week and at that meeting the figures for the Winter Fair were finalised. We are excited to announce that the amount of money raised by the fair was €3,700. This demonstrates both how successful the fair was, and the level of commitment and engagement by the school community with the fair. The money will be used to fund extracurricular activities and events for the school community over the rest of the year. With that in mind we would like to outlay some of the events that we will be organising over the coming months:
- The PTA has arranged Tai Chi classes for all the children at LSP . A Tai Chi instructor will attend the school and classes will commence the end of February, and run for 8 weeks. More information on this event will be posted in February.
- The PTA will contribute €1000 from moneys raised towards classroom resourses.
- As part of the 25th year celebrations, the PTA will be organising a “Yard Party” for the children. This will take place in June (date to be confirmed) and will be run during regular school time. More information on this event will be posted nearer the date.
- The school is organising “the Magic of the Musicals” concert where all classes will perform on stage at the Limetree Theatre – Tickets for the event can be bought from the Limetree website. The PTA’s contribution will be organising the programme for the event and also running a raffle on both nights.
- The Plant and Cake Spring Fair will be held in mid-May (date to be confirmed.)
- Two further coffee mornings will be held between now and the end of the school year. The next one takes place on the 6th of February from 8.30am outside the staff room. Coffee mornings are open to the whole school community and we would encourage people to come along. It is a great opportunity to chat with other parents, chat to the committee and also have a nice cup of coffee/tea.
- The PTA has commenced a project looking at the school yard and the possible ways of making it a more engaging space for the children. With that in mind, workshops will be run with the children to get some insight into how they view the yard and their ideas as to how the yard could be enhanced as an activity space.
- The PTA committee will hold an open meeting for parents / guardians at its next committee meeting on the 9th February in the staff room of the LSP. This is an opportunity for parents/guardians to bring an idea for an event, to raise/bring an issue they are concerned about, ask a question, or simply get to know the committee. The time of this meeting will be announced nearer the date.