The Parent Teacher Association AGM will take place on Thursday 24th September at 7pm, in the school.
At the AGM new committee members will be elected thus it is an opportunity for you to become part of the representative body of the parent community of the school and join in on the journey of enhancing the education and experiences of both the children and the families that make up Limerick School Project Community
The Work of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Committee
The team has shared responsibility for:
- Planning for the future and developing a vision for the PTA
- Planning and managing the annual programme of activities for the PTA
- Communicating, consulting with and involving as many parents as possible in the activities of the PTA
- Communicating and consulting with the Principal and Board of Management
- Planning agendas and keeping records of meetings
- Managing the PTA finances
- Drawing up the constitution by which the PTA operates
- Valuing diversity and inter-culturalism and making sure parents who might find it hard to get involved are encouraged and supported to do so.
What’s the committment needed?
- Commit to attending a majority of the monthly meetings across the school year. (Meetings to be held in evenings, second Monday of each month 7-9pm)
- To work as a team.
- To help plan and carry-out a programme of activities/events.
If you would like to get involved in the work of the PTA Committee please come along to the AGM and put yourself forward for the new committee.
The LSP Parent Teacher Association Constitution (Working Document) will be ratified at the AGM.
Click on the link to read the constitution prior to attending the AGM.
Parent Teacher Association
Monthly Updates – May/June
- The Poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice visited the school on May 7th. This event was really enjoyed by the children and cost €150.
- The Plant and Cake Sale was held on the 15th This was a great success and was well supported by the LSP community and raised approx €1,850.
- The Second Level School campaign is now well underway. Parents from both LSP and LETS in Mungret have now formed a committee. Expression of Interest forms were made available in the school foyer and sent home in school bags. To date there are approx 350 Expressions of Interest. There is now a website were you can express your interest. Also Facebook and Twitter are playing an important role in highlighting the campaign.
Website address: www.let2ndlevel.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/let2ndlevel
- The LSP Community Meeting was held on 3rd of June. Dr. Maureen Griffin spoke about Internet safety. The Chair of the PTA Pat Fitzpatrick also had an opportunity to speak about the Parent Teacher Association and the Second Level School Campaign.
- A leaflet highlighting “A Year in the life of Limerick School Project Parent Teacher Association” was produced and sent home in all the school bags. This is hoped to encourage more involvement from the parent community.
- €2,000 raised by the Parent Teacher Association through the raffle and programme for the school show in February was transferred to the school to cover production costs. A further €500 has been made available from the Parent Teacher Association to cover the final outstanding costs of the show.
- Animal Magic visited for the day on June 10th at a cost of €350. This was a very successful visit with the children getting an opportunity to learn about animals in the wild and to handle many of them.
- The final Coffee Morning of the year was held on Friday the 12th of June and was well attended.
- The School has asked if the Parent Teacher Association could provide funds to put towards Aistear, the new program of structured play developed by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA). €600 is to be made available for this.
- An NPC Training Workshop for parents on Mental Health and Your Child’s Wellbeing will be run in October 2015. This will be a free workshop for parents. Date to be annonuced in the new term.
- The Yard Party was hosted by the Parent Teacher Association on Friday the 19th of June. This was a wonderful way to round off the 25 year celebrations and was enjoyed by all the children. Entertainers included a Magician, Balloon artist, Puppet shows and Face painters. Giant games were run in the yard (snakes and ladders, checkers, etc.). There was a food bag for every child, popcorn, candy floss and an ice cream van. Cost of Yard Party is approx €1500. A number of Parent Volunteers turned up to support the event and their help made the day a great success.
- The next Parent Teacher Association AGM will take place on Thursday September 24th. New committee members will be elected and Parent Reps for the Board of Management will also be elected at the AGM. The Parent Teacher Association Constitution will be ratified at the AGM. The Constitution (Working Document) can be viewed on the LSP website. http://www.limerickschoolproject.ie/parent-teacher-constitution/
Have a great summer and thanks for all the support over the last year.