The LSP Winter Fair kicks off this Sunday the 7th of Dec, at 1pm.
Why not come and eat in the Winter Fair Restaurant
- We will be serving a choice of delicious hot main courses, soup, hotdogs, cakes, desserts, tea/coffee and winter fair punch.
- Take time to visit the Craft stalls, the Book stall, the Wrap a Present Room, the Lucky Dip, get your face painted and sit and have a meal and a cuppa with family and friends in the Winter Fair restaurant.
- Guess how many sweets are in the jar and what the christmas cake weighs and you could win them both.
- Buy a raffle ticket, there are prizes galore!
- Hope you and your family can make it.
All funds raised go towards extracurricular activities for all the children at Limerick School Project.
Can you bake?
The Winter Fair Restaurant needs donations of Cakes, Tarts, Buns, Desserts and Breads.
We also need Salads to supplement the main courses which will be on offer in the restaurant.
Have you a family favourite you would like to bring in?
Please bring in all cooked goods on the day of the fair.
The restaurant opens at 1pm so if you could bring them in before 1pm that would be great.
The Winter Fair takes place on Sunday the 7th December from 1pm.
We will be serving Hot lunch, Soup, Hotdogs, Selection of Cakes and Desserts, Tea/Coffee and Winter Fair Punch
All donations are greatly appreciated.
If you have any queries please cpntact: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER ARE NEEDED. CAN YOU HELP?
We need people to:
- Help Set up the Fair (from 10pm-1pm)
- Work the Stalls and the Winter Fair Restaurant (1 to 4.30pm),
- Take the Fair down (4.30 to 5.30).
Could You Lend Any of the Following? We Need:
- 6 Large Saucepans (8/10 – 14 litre)
- 3 Filter coffee machines
- 3 Portable Hotplates
We need these items before the fair. If you can lend any of these please email: email@example.com.
Can You Donate?:
- Bric a Brac In good Condition – Trinkets, Ornaments, Small Toys, Candles, Unwanted Gifts etc
- Homemade Crafts, Jams, Chutneys
- Cakes, Buns, Tarts, Desserts, Scones, Breads, Salads – for the Winter Fair Restaurant.
All funds raised go towards extra-curricular activities for all the children at LSP.
If you think you could help, even for just one hour, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information go to: http://www.limerickschoolproject.ie/winter-fair-sunday-dec-7th-1pm/
YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
The Parent Teacher Association will be running a Coffee Morning this Friday 14th of Nov.
Outside the LSP staffroom
8.30am – 9.30am
All Parents / Guardians are invited.
Even if you only have 10mins drop by for a cuppa and a chat.
On the 15th of November this year the National Parents Council will be hosting a conference for all parents who want to know more about special education, entitled:
Brighter Futures – Supporting you, supporting your child
We will have experts in the areas of special education, speech and language, occupational therapy and psychological services.
The conference take place in the Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 (near Heuston Station) and will run from 11am to 4pm, with sandwiches tea & coffee provided. We ask those who have registered to attend to arrive from 10.30am to collect name badges, enjoy a tea/coffee, peruse the information stands and meet other parents.
Information stands from the following will be available on the day:
- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA) – Junior Cycle
- National Council for Special Education (NCSE)
- Special Needs Parents Association
- Dyslexia Association Ireland
- Down Syndrome Ireland
- National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI)
- Citizens Information
- Parents, Resources, Information and Support, Meeting needs (PRISM)
- Autism Spectrum Information Advice and Meeting Point (AS I AM)
- Enable Ireland
To Register to attend click here
Special Education Conference Flier
ADMISSION IS FREE, but all those attending must register in advance as places are limited.
Parent Teacher Association – Monthly Updates – OCTOBER
The Parent Teacher Association will publish on the LSP website and in the Nuacht monthly updates after each committee meeting. Keeping the school community informed of what is currently taking place, all upcoming events, and news.
Please click on the link below for this months update.
PTA OCTOBER Monthly Update
SECOND LEVEL EDUCATION, YOUR CHILDREN, & EDUCATE TOGETHER
Are you interested in an Educate Together Second Level Education for your child?
At present within the Limerick Area there is no Educate Together Second Level School option. In recent times a number of parents have expressed an interest in having this choice. With this in mind the Parent Teacher Association have organised that Niall Wall, Educate Together Regional Development Officer for Ireland South, will give a presentation on the Educate Together Second Level Program and the steps needed to establish a Start Up Group here in Limerick.
It can take time to campaign for a Second Level School and if you have an interest in having this option for your children, no matter what stage they are at, please try to attend.
Speaker: Niall Wall, Educate Together Regional Development Officer
Venue: Limerick School Project
Date: Thursday 23rd October
It is hoped a Start Up Group will be formed from interested parents to campaign for a Educate Together Secondary School in Limerick.
The PTA hosted a Coffee Morning last Friday the 5th of Sept to welcome all the new parents to LSP. This was a great success and we would like to thank all those who attended. Building on this success we hope to run another coffee morning later in the year for all LSP parents and guardians.