Parent Teacher Association
Monthly Updates – May/June
- The Poet Gabriel Fitzmaurice visited the school on May 7th. This event was really enjoyed by the children and cost €150.
- The Plant and Cake Sale was held on the 15th This was a great success and was well supported by the LSP community and raised approx €1,850.
- The Second Level School campaign is now well underway. Parents from both LSP and LETS in Mungret have now formed a committee. Expression of Interest forms were made available in the school foyer and sent home in school bags. To date there are approx 350 Expressions of Interest. There is now a website were you can express your interest. Also Facebook and Twitter are playing an important role in highlighting the campaign.
Website address: www.let2ndlevel.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/let2ndlevel
- The LSP Community Meeting was held on 3rd of June. Dr. Maureen Griffin spoke about Internet safety. The Chair of the PTA Pat Fitzpatrick also had an opportunity to speak about the Parent Teacher Association and the Second Level School Campaign.
- A leaflet highlighting “A Year in the life of Limerick School Project Parent Teacher Association” was produced and sent home in all the school bags. This is hoped to encourage more involvement from the parent community.
- €2,000 raised by the Parent Teacher Association through the raffle and programme for the school show in February was transferred to the school to cover production costs. A further €500 has been made available from the Parent Teacher Association to cover the final outstanding costs of the show.
- Animal Magic visited for the day on June 10th at a cost of €350. This was a very successful visit with the children getting an opportunity to learn about animals in the wild and to handle many of them.
- The final Coffee Morning of the year was held on Friday the 12th of June and was well attended.
- The School has asked if the Parent Teacher Association could provide funds to put towards Aistear, the new program of structured play developed by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA). €600 is to be made available for this.
- An NPC Training Workshop for parents on Mental Health and Your Child’s Wellbeing will be run in October 2015. This will be a free workshop for parents. Date to be annonuced in the new term.
- The Yard Party was hosted by the Parent Teacher Association on Friday the 19th of June. This was a wonderful way to round off the 25 year celebrations and was enjoyed by all the children. Entertainers included a Magician, Balloon artist, Puppet shows and Face painters. Giant games were run in the yard (snakes and ladders, checkers, etc.). There was a food bag for every child, popcorn, candy floss and an ice cream van. Cost of Yard Party is approx €1500. A number of Parent Volunteers turned up to support the event and their help made the day a great success.
- The next Parent Teacher Association AGM will take place on Thursday September 24th. New committee members will be elected and Parent Reps for the Board of Management will also be elected at the AGM. The Parent Teacher Association Constitution will be ratified at the AGM. The Constitution (Working Document) can be viewed on the LSP website. http://www.limerickschoolproject.ie/parent-teacher-constitution/
Have a great summer and thanks for all the support over the last year.
A great day was had by all at this year’s Spring Plant and Cake Sale. A wonderful range of plants were on display and many gardening enthusiasts young and old came out on the day to support the event. A wonderful selection of delicacies were sold in the school halla and all the children enjoyed the event.
A big thank you to all those who volunteered to help out on the day and to all those who donated plants and cakes.
Thanks to the parents, grandparents, teachers, school staff and children for all the support.
Volume 15, Issue 30
May 14th 2015
The mobile library will be here on Monday 18th May.
City Sports will take place in UL on Wed 20th May. We wish all our athletes the best of luck and a lovely day out.
Term 3 White Envelope Week (WEW). Thanks to everyone who returned their envelope and a little reminder to those who may have forgotten. If you need another white envelope letter, Louise has some spares in the office
School Hall available to rent, city centre location (O’Connell Avenue). For evening and/or weekend use. Cost €25 per hour. Suitable for keep fit, karate etc. Own insurance needed. For further information or to view contact Louise 061 412994.
Please let us know if your child is not returning to LSP in September.
Internet Safety Talk: Reminder that internet safety talk with Dr Maureen Griffin will take place on Wednesday 3rd June. There will be crèche facilities available if there is enough interest. Please let us know in advance if you’d like to avail of the crèche.
Is the flag of your country represented on the wall in the foyer? If not, please let us know.
Eamonn Andrews, photographer will be in school on Friday 22nd May. Permission slips have gone home in the schoolbags yesterday.
LSP Spring Plant and Cake Sale takes place tomorrow morning Friday 15th May, from 8.30 onwards.
- A Great Selection of Plants and Cakes will be on sale.
- Come and have a morning coffee or tea.
- Please bake a cake and bring it in on the morning of the sale. – These could include Buns, Muffins, Tray bakes, Tarts and Unsliced Full Cakes, well labeled – please list any special ingredients like nuts, fruits, flour type etc.
- All the classes have been growing plants for this event, so don’t forget to buy your child’s plant.
- A raffle will be held and tickets will be sold throughout the morning.
- All funds raised go towards extra curricular activities for all the children at LSP.
Thank you for all your support.
The Parent Teacher Association will give a short talk at a school information night for parents with children starting at LSP in September 2015, on Monday the 18th May.
Animal Magic will visit LSP on Thursday 21st May. www.animalmagic.ie
Minutes for the March Board of Management meeting can be found here
Come along to this year’s Spring Plant and Cake Sale.
Friday 15th May, Starting at 8.30 am.
A great selection of plants, shrubs, veg and flowers on sale.
Don’t forget to buy your child’s plant. All the classes have been busy growing plants!
Have a cup of coffee or tea. And buy a cake.
There are great raffle prizes – tickets can be bought Wednesday and Thursday morning and afternoon and during the fair on Friday.
Can you bake a cake, tart, buns etc.?? Please bring in on the day.
Volunteers needed to help out at the sale. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All funds raised go towards extra curricular activities for all the children at LSP.
Thank you for your support.