Thanks to everyone involved in making the Winter fair a great success last Sunday. It was a super day of fun and festivities and fundraising! All the funds will go towards extracurricular activities for all the children at LSP. Here are some photos from the day.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors we have some fantastic raffle prizes for the LSP Winter Fair 2015. Raffle tickets can be bought each morning and afternoon in the hall. Tickets can also be bought on the day of the Winter Fair.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS WHO HAVE BEEN SO GENEROUS
Family Swim Passes for Aura Swim Academy, Grove Island Find out more about Aura Swim Academy here
Tickets to see ‘ASA, Christmas Story‘ in the Limetree Theatre Find out more about ASA, A Christmas Story here
Family Pass for King John’s Castle Find out more about King John’s Castle here
Meal Vouchers for Milanos Find out more about Milanos here
Family Passes for Limerick on Ice Find out more about Limerick on Ice here
Chocolates from Ryan’s Centra, O’Connell Street Find out more about Ryan’s Centra here
Voucher for Art Mad Find out more about Art Mad here
Voucher for Limerick Paint Supplies Find out more about Limerick Paints here
Voucher for Bobby Byrne’s Find out more about Bobby Byrne’s here
Voucher for Canteen Find out more about Canteen here
Voucher for The Bike Shop Find out more about The Bike Shop here
Hello Parents & Guardians! We are looking for volunteers to make the Winter Fair as successful and happy as ever! Could you spare a couple of hours to set up? Work on the stalls? Make wreaths? Take the fair down? Bake a cake? Donate some books?
Here’s all the info! If you want to help out just get in touch with the Parent Teacher Association on firstname.lastname@example.org or else leave your name and number with Louise and we’ll give you a call! Thanks a million!
WINTER FAIR DATE: 1PM – 4:30PM PM SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER
ON THE DAY OF THE FAIR WE NEED PEOPLE TO:
- Help Set up the Fair (from 10pm on the morning of Dec 6th)
- Work on the Stalls and the Winter Fair Restaurant (1 to 4.30pm)
- Take the Fair down (4.30 to 5.30)
Can you give some time? Could you do the full day, half the day, or a couple of hours? Please email email@example.com or leave your details with Louise and we’ll get in touch.
ON FRIDAY 4TH DECEMBER WE ARE MAKING CHRISTMAS WREATHS TO SELL AT THE WINTER FAIR
Friday 4th Dec, 8.30am, outside LSP staffroom.
We are looking for donations of greenery next week – Holly, Ivy, Pine, Fir, Spruce, Herbs, Rosemary, Laurel, Bay, etc.
Please leave in the boxes provided in the school foyer next week.
If you’re free that morning please drop in. Bring a friend!
IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS EACH CLASS IS MAKING A CLASSROOM CRAFT CAN YOU HELP IN YOUR CHILD’S CLASS?
Can you help the teachers with the Classroom Craft? Every child will make its own craft, which will be sold at the Winter Fair. Check in with your child’s teacher and see how they are getting on. They might need your help. Just ask you class teacher if they need a hand!
DON’T HAVE TIME TO VOLUNTEER BUT STILL WANT TO HELP?
You could donate books, bric-a-brac and small toys to be sold at the Winter Fair. We are looking for trinkets, ornaments, small toys, candles, books, toys, unwanted gifts etc. All in good condition!
You could donate Homemade Crafts/Decorations, Jams, Chutneys.
Or you could bake Cakes, Tarts & Breads, Scones, Salads, etc These will be sold at the Cake Stall and in the Winter Fair restaurant. Please bring any baked goods in unsliced on the day of the Winter Fair.
All funds raised go towards extra-curricular activities and resources for all the children at LSP.
If you can help or need further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your details with Louise in the school office and we’ll get in touch.
All Help Greatly Appreciated. Thank You for All Your Support. From the Parent Teacher Assoctaion
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION – MONTHLY UPDATES JANUARY
The PTA would like to welcome everyone back to a new term at LSP. The committee had its first meeting of the year this week and at that meeting the figures for the Winter Fair were finalised. We are excited to announce that the amount of money raised by the fair was €3,700. This demonstrates both how successful the fair was, and the level of commitment and engagement by the school community with the fair. The money will be used to fund extracurricular activities and events for the school community over the rest of the year. With that in mind we would like to outlay some of the events that we will be organising over the coming months:
- The PTA has arranged Tai Chi classes for all the children at LSP . A Tai Chi instructor will attend the school and classes will commence the end of February, and run for 8 weeks. More information on this event will be posted in February.
- The PTA will contribute €1000 from moneys raised towards classroom resourses.
- As part of the 25th year celebrations, the PTA will be organising a “Yard Party” for the children. This will take place in June (date to be confirmed) and will be run during regular school time. More information on this event will be posted nearer the date.
- The school is organising “the Magic of the Musicals” concert where all classes will perform on stage at the Limetree Theatre – Tickets for the event can be bought from the Limetree website. The PTA’s contribution will be organising the programme for the event and also running a raffle on both nights.
- The Plant and Cake Spring Fair will be held in mid-May (date to be confirmed.)
- Two further coffee mornings will be held between now and the end of the school year. The next one takes place on the 6th of February from 8.30am outside the staff room. Coffee mornings are open to the whole school community and we would encourage people to come along. It is a great opportunity to chat with other parents, chat to the committee and also have a nice cup of coffee/tea.
- The PTA has commenced a project looking at the school yard and the possible ways of making it a more engaging space for the children. With that in mind, workshops will be run with the children to get some insight into how they view the yard and their ideas as to how the yard could be enhanced as an activity space.
- The PTA committee will hold an open meeting for parents / guardians at its next committee meeting on the 9th February in the staff room of the LSP. This is an opportunity for parents/guardians to bring an idea for an event, to raise/bring an issue they are concerned about, ask a question, or simply get to know the committee. The time of this meeting will be announced nearer the date.