LSP Parent Teacher Association (PTA) – Bi-Monthly Update
The Parent Teacher Association Committee met on September 7th, and October 5th, 2015.
The following items were discussed:
- Parent Teacher Association committee meetings will take place on the 2nd Monday of each month.
- The AGM took place on Thursday, September 24th, 7pm in the school Halla. The PTA constitution was ratified. 4 committee members from the old committee remained on and 10 new members were elected.
- Election of new officers:
Pat Fitzpatrick was re-elected as Chairperson.
Paul Wright was re-elected as Treasurer.
Rachel Thunder was re-elected as Secretary.
Mairead Hayden is the Teacher rep.
A new sub-committee was created called the Communications Committee. The committee will be responsible for the weekly Nuacht, the website, poster etc. and the monthly update which will now become the Bi-Monthly update. Those elected to it are: Roisin Buckley, Annmarie Ryan and Cathy McGlynn
- Parent & Guardian Volunteer/Helpers Database – Parent volunteer forms have been left in the school foyer with a drop box. Volunteers will be emailed in the lead up to various school events to see who is available to help. To date there has been a high response, with representation across all the years. If anyone would still like to sign up, forms are available in the foyer or email: email@example.com
- NPC Training Workshop for parents – Steve Goode from the National Parents Council visited the school on Tuesday October 13th to give a talk on “Supporting parents to support their children’s mental health and wellbeing”. The event was well-attended and the response to Steve’s talk, which covered topics such as well-being, emotional health, communication and listening skills, was very positive. A speaker’s fee of €50 was paid by the Parent Teacher Association.
- Bualadh Bos Festival – The school attended the Carnival of the Animals in the Lime Tree Theatre, Mary Immaculate College, on Thursday 15th of October, The PTA subsidized this trip by €430 (€2 per child). The children had a great time and there was a very positive response to the event.
- Secondary School Campaign update – Posters and Flyers for the Second Level campaign were taken by committee members to aid with their distribution. The campaign website can be accessed at http://let2ndlevel.com, the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/let2ndlevel/ and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos of New Committee – Photos of new committee members will, like last year, be displayed on the notice board in the school foyer of the committee members for the purpose of visibility within the school community.
- Halloween Party – The school Halloween party was discussed at the meeting and took place on Friday 23rd of October. Members of the Parent Teacher Association and some parent volunteers decorated the Halla on the morning of the party. A great time was had by all. A total of €50 of PTA funds was spent on decorations.
- Coffee Morning – The Parent Teacher Association hope to run several coffee mornings throughout the school year. The next coffee morning will take place on Friday 20th November at 8.30am, outside the school Staffroom. All Parents/Guardians welcome.
- Winter Fair –This year’s Winter Fair will take place on Sunday December 6th from 1pm. The Winter Fair is both a social event for the school community and a fundraiser for extracurricular activities throughout the school year. Volunteers will be needed to run the various elements of the Fair.
- Ideas –If people have ideas for events, talks, celebrations etc. let the committee know by emailing email@example.com
- LSP Website – The Parent Teacher Association have a page on the LSP website and will regularly update the school community with all news and upcoming events.
The next committee meeting will take place on Monday November 9th.