The Parent Teacher Association’s (PTA) biggest event in the school year is the “Winter Fair”, Sunday December 7th. Whilst this is a social and celebratory event, it is also a key fundraiser for the PTA and funds go towards extra-curricular activities for the kids, thus it needs the help of the whole school community to make it a successful, enjoyable and memorable event for all concerned, particularly the children. We need as many volunteers as possibe. If you’ve worked at the Winter Fair before, and would like to again, we’d love to hear from you, your experience is important to us. If this is your first fair, and you would like to get involved, your participation is much appreciated.
On the day the Halla will be turned into a restaurant, serving hot lunch (Veg / Meat main course and Soup, Hot Dogs for the kids), cakes, tea/coffee, winter punch, etc.
There will also be a number of stalls set up around the school (crafts, books, lucky dip, face painting, raffles, Guess the weight of the cake, and Wrap a present room).
We will need people to man the stalls and serve in the restaurant. People will be needed to set the event up and take it down at the end of the day. We would like everyone to get time to enjoy the day with their own families so we hope there will be enough volunteers to spread the work around.
With the above in mind, a few requests/points:
- Can you volunteer on the 7th of December? Are you available in the morning, the afternoon, or all day? Or even just an hour or two? We will begin setting up at 10am, the fair opens at 1pm, and we will be packing up and putting the school back together from 4:30pm. Finishing up by 5.30pm (approx)
Items we need to borrow for the day:
- 6 large catering size saucepans 8/10 – 14 litre, (the kind you’d cook a Christmas ham in)
- 6 -8 microwaves
- 3 portable hotplates or induction hobs
- 2-3 Filter coffee machines, min. 1.25ltr jug size
- If you have any of the above or know of anyone who has one, Please ask around.
Items Needed for Donation:
- The Hot Food (veg and meat main courses) will be organised and cooked by the PTA committee but we are looking for Cakes, Buns, Tarts, Desserts, Breads, Scones, Salads, to be donated for the restaurant (please bring in on the day of the fair early).
- Bric a Brac – In good condition for the Wrap a Present room – knick knacks, toys, trinkets, candles, Unwanted Gifts, etc
- Books for 2nd hand book stall
- Hand Made Crafts and Decorations, Homemade Jams and Chutneys for the Craft stall
- Newspapers are needed for the Wrap a Present room.
All non-food items can be left in the labelled boxes in the foyer of the school. Crafts and jams can be donated closer to the date or on the day of the fair. Food Items can be donated on the day.
If people could let us know what level of support they can give on the day we would appreciate it & also If people could spread the word re. this notice to other parents.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all your support,
Thanking you in advance.
The Parent Teacher Association Committee